Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Nails

I had a quick idea that I thought I would share. When my oldest daughter was about 1 I noticed that I never cut her nails. They were very short and jagged. I accused (falsely) the daycare. Then I saw her chewing her nails. I was stunned. Really? At age 1? So I started a tradition that we have been doing ever since. Every Monday I take the time to do nails. We trim, file and paint all of our nails. It makes it easier to remember when I do it the same every week and I also make sure that I take the time to do mine as well. It is some fun girl time and it helps us all have clean, nice looking nails. Even if you have boys, you can trim their nails and then treat yourself. It is just a silly thought that I wanted to share.

1 comment:

Sami Jo said...

Totally a cute idea! Surprisingly cutting finger nails is a daddy/son thing at our house... I thought that was pretty cute that my husband took it upon himself to take care of that... Since there are 20 nails does that mean he gets to add 20 things to his list he takes care of (when comparing lists?) Just kidding ;)