Monday, October 5, 2009

Information

I hate the hospital. I don't like the look or smell of it. Today I had to go to the hospital for some lab work. I remember the other thing I hate about hospitals-they make you go everywhere to end up where you were to begin with. Chad works at the hospital so I asked him what I should do. He said I'd better check with admissions first before heading to the lab. I went to admissions and waited for someone to help me. I finally noticed a lady eating and talking at a desk. She abruptly told me that I needed to check in. Huh? I thought that was what admissions was. Apparently not. Checking in meant you went to the front desk that says information. How could I have missed that? Of course you check in where it says information. Then the information people take your information and tell you to wait. Then they take you back to admissions to give them your information. See why it's is called information. Anyway, then admissions takes more information from you and has you sign your soul away for the visit. Then they tell you to follow the arrows to the lab. Upon arriving at the lab I wait some more while admissions shares my information with the lab. Then I proceed to get blood drawn numerous amounts of time. Then, I am allowed to come home wondering if I was better off before everyone started poking me and getting my information.

1 comment:

Sarah Sharp said...

You are preaching to the choir, girl! Why do hospitals have to be so confusing? Don't they realize what a waste of time and money it is on their part when you have no idea what you're supposed to be doing? I've actually known people who gave up and just left because they couldn't figure out where they were supposed to go or what to do!