Thursday, October 8, 2009

Good Cause

This is my wonderful husband Chad. Now I want you to look very closely at his feet.

Yes, he is wearing heels. My manly man is wearing women's shoes. You may be asking why is he doing this.
Here is why: Walk a Mile in Her Shoes is a fundraiser to help programs that help those victims of domestic violence.

All of these men choose to walk a mile in heels for a cause that they believe in.


This cause is very important to us because of a very good friend of ours. She was the victim of domestic violence and her story is amazing and scary because no one knew of her suffering. Even after she left, she had to fight for her freedom everyday. Domestic violence is something that happens more than we think. We need to be aware and if we suspect it, then we need to be willing to step forth and call the police. It may save lives.

6 comments:

Marie said...

Way to go Chad! You actually wear those shoes pretty good... serious, I mean that in a good way! Where can I get them in my size?

Tina said...

Wow... that is totally awesome! Way to go Chad!!!!

Amy said...

That is awesome. Thank you for supporting those who need help defending themselves. I know if it weren't for some very close and generous friends, I wouldn't be where I am either. Maybe I can get Rob to participate next year! Let me know when it comes around again!

Sami Jo said...

Wow! That is neat! Love the new look for the blog!

Brooke said...

Chad rocks! Thanks. Krista is right, call the police. Someone may be mad at you when you do but may thank you later for their life.

Sherri Price said...

Wow, I saw that on the news, but didn't know you participated! I'll bet you have blisters.