Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall Fun part 2

I know I already posted a video, but I wanted to write some commentary about what has been going on. Yesterday was a day of first for us. It was Ariana's first day of nursery. In our church the children stay with their parents until they are 18 months old, then they go to their own classes for the last 2 hours of church. Ariana had a hard time with transitions from playing to singing to lesson. She was happy when they were able to play and she loved the snacks. She is so big. At times my heart grieves to know that While it is her firsts as a child I am leaving behind lasts in motherhood. I won't have a newborn to snuggle with. I won't sit up at night and feel a baby growing inside of me. I will never have a baby with me during all my church meetings. But I am so grateful for what I have. I love my 2 wonderful daughters and I embrace each stage they are in. That brings me to my oldest daughter McKayla's first yesterday. She was able to participate in her first primary program. She sang songs and said her line loud and clear. She did a great job. i can't believe how big she is getting. At times I just want to keep her my small girl. Yesterday was also Chad's first day as choir director for church. Only 5 people showed up, but he is hopeful. He loves music and can sing very well. I know he will do great. I love that there is growth and first in every season of every year. Life is kind of like a present waiting to be opened up every day.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Chad will be a great choir director! How fun! I understand your thoughts on first and lasts. Being a mother is hard in more ways than one. take heart knowing how many firsts are still ahead of you, first date, first boyfriend, first day of college..... Ok.. I will stop.