Thursday, January 29, 2009

Top Teeth

Babies have it hard. I cannot imagine how difficult it is to get shots, be in messy diapers, have your nose bulbed out, and then get teeth. My kids struggle with the teeth. It seems their gums swell a long time before their teeth finally make an appearance. Ariana finally had one of her top teeth poke through the gums. The other tooth is not far behind. In addition to this misery, she has yet another cold. The poor girl ought to have a good immune system before the winter ends. I am glad she did not have to get 9 month shots. We had a break from those. So, I am grateful for that. Having children makes me understand my faith better. I can catch a tiny glimpse of how the Savior loved me enough to die for me. I would do anything for my children. I know the Savior's love is magnified multiple times over, but being a mother has helped me understand his love even more. I can never fully understand my Savior's love, and really I don't need to. I simply know it is there and through my life experiences I am gaining more insight. I am grateful for "line upon line".

2 comments:

Sherri Price said...

That's too bad about teething and a cold! Gotta love Winter and all the germs associated with it. Just wait until nursery and then public school. Well luckily Mckayla just got out of nursery and Arianna has a while.

Sarah Sharp said...

Teething and any kind of illness are just terrible to deal with. I agree that when you become a parent a whole new dimension opens up to you about what love really is, and you understand better the love our Heavenly Father and Savior have for all of us. I like that observation!