Thursday, January 15, 2009

Enrichment Night

In my church, we as members, are asked to fill different roles and volunteer our time and talents. This may seem strange to some, but it really gets you involved in your faith. Awhile ago I was asked to lead the music during our sacrament meeting. I know nothing about music. It took a lot of time to learn how to lead. I messed up often, but people were kind. I got released from leading music and asked to help do Enrichment night. Once every three months, roughly, the ladies of our church get together to learn about something, and visit. Tonight is that night. I am blessed that this time I really didn't have to do much, but next time, I will seriously need to step it up and do so much more. I am grateful for the growth that I get from trying new things. It is interesting the things I learn. So, for those of you that are LDS, do you have any ideas for Enrichment night? For those of you that are not LDS do you have any ideas that you would like, we want anyone to come and I always like to get a wide variety of opinions. Thanks!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Shortly after we moved to Utah, our new ward had an enrichment centered around families. They served an awesome multi-course meal and had round-table discussions: When we got there we were assigned a table. Each chair at the table had a number on it. While they served the appetizer, they gave us a topic to discuss amongst those at our table. After we were finished talking about that topic they had certain chair #s move to another table. Then they served a salad and gave another topic for discussion. Then we had to trade chairs again. Then the main course and dessert followed the same pattern. Some of the things discussed were How to Incorporate Scripture Study into Young Families, Family Home Evening, Prayer, Family Traditions, etc. It was really neat because young mothers talked with Grandmothers, Singles with newlyweds, and on and on. I learned a lot of great ideas and thought it was a great idea. Okay, that was long-winded.