Thursday, January 1, 2009

1 Step Forward, 5 Steps Back

First, I would like to start with some background information on McKayla. She was always more independent. She went to daycare and she went to work with me and was pretty taken everywhere. When it was time to move her into her own room, it was a piece of cake. Now Ariana is a different girl altogether. She is my snuggle girl. She has not gone to daycare. She goes where I go. My attempts to leave her in the care of family has been met with loud protest. Even her dad can't clam her once she figures out I am gone. When she was a new born, I would nestle her between Chad and I in the bed and coo at her until she fell asleep. She still loves being in bed with me and Chad. If she is upset all I need to do is lay her in our bed and snuggle her. It doesn't take long before she is all grins and smiles. Well, she is 8 1/2 months old and we decided that she needed to start to sleep in her own bed. Not happening. We will get her to sleep and lay her in her bed. She will stay there for a little while. It's usually not too long before she is screaming at the top of her lungs, wanting to be snuggled. Then when we place her between us, she will grab a hold of Chad and myself for dear life. Sigh. We do have a cradle that my dad built by the side of our bed. She is okay laying in that because she can see us. Last night was a different story. Every time I moved her out of our bed she freaked out! I don't think she slept for more than an hour without waking up very angry. I hope that I can switch her into her own bed before she out grows the cradle.

No comments: