Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sweet

My poor McKayla has been having a very difficult time with bees lately. Prior to last Friday she had been stung only once in her life. Then we were on a walk. Okay I was walking while pushing Ariana and McKayla was riding her bike. I received a phone call so I stopped to answer the phone. Suddenly McKayla started to scream and yell. I quickly got off the phone and she claimed that a bee stung her. She wasn't moving or trying to irritate the bee, it just came and stung her. We got home as quickly as we could with me trying to encourage her to peddle her bike while I am pushing the stroller and trying to reassure her. It was very sad. A cold compress and a Popsicle made things much better. Then the other night I was getting her out of the bathtub and she started screaming again. She claimed that a bee stung her. I thought maybe she had seen a fly or something and panicked after being stung on Friday. I asked her to calm dawn and explain. She showed me that on the bottom of her foot there was a welt. I looked at the little bath mat in front of the tub and there was a tiny little bee about half the size of a fly. I was in complete shock and disbelief. Really?!! A bee on the bath mat at 8 o'clock at night? Why? Somehow it was in the bath mat and McKayla stepped on it. She told me that she was becoming really frustrated with bees. I agreed that it was very odd and then I told her its because she is so sweet. That made her smile and feel better. What she doesn't know is that I am going to Home Defense this house on Saturday and buy a bug zapper for anything that flies. The Mom is very angry at bees and I will take them all down.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Oh, your poor daughter! Hopefully the bees will leave her alone SOON! Piper was stung by a little bee about that size a couple months ago! Glad to know I'm not the only one with mini-bees stinging my children indoors! =P