Sunday, September 12, 2010

Introductions

At church they have 4 random ladies stand up and introduce themselves on Sunday. So far I had avoided being picked and I noticed that the jar with the names was getting rather low. It came as a dismal surprise when my name was picked. As I stood up I honestly didn't know what to say about myself. I rattled off the street I lived on and that I had two kids, but other than that I had no idea what to say. As I sat down I pondered that. Is it because I don't know who I am? I quickly dismissed that. I decided it was because I am simply me. People are not something you can define in quick terms. I have many different sides and hobbies. I have been many things that make me the individual that I am. Also, I so much like every other woman in the world. I am a wife and a mother. While those terms can be stated they are terms that hold so much depth and meaning. A wife shops and stressed over how to make the food budget stretch to the furthest. A wife comforts her husband and tries to keep the home running. A mother settles endless battles between children and runs all day to keep life sane. I guess that I feel that I am much like the ocean (in which I have never seen yet) I am like every other wonderful women in this world. Yet, what makes me unique lies beneath the surface. The true wonders of the soul are not on the surface but underneath. What one sees on the surface is true but the true depth and glory of a person lies in who they are everyday. To introduce myself is silly. I am me. That is all there is and who I am depends on if people take the time to know.

No comments: