Friday, September 3, 2010

Humilty Comes with Age

I want you to think back to when you were in high school or just out of high school. What type of personality did you have? What type of figure did you have? Are you a better person or worse? I've been pondering this question lately because I remember having so much energy and enthusiasm. I remember feeling like I could do anything. As for my figure, I don't even want to go there. However, I have to note some good changes that have come with maturity. I am more mellow and I feel like my terrible temper is gone. I am more comfortable with myself and less eager to defend myself against the onslaught of negativity. So, I have decided that I enjoy being more mellow. I enjoy learning how to be a better wife and mother everyday. I enjoy giving service to my little family. But I can do more. I can work on having a more positive outlook. I can work on more enthusiasm for life and shining forth my personality and talents. Lately I try to simply blend into the background and try not to get noticed, but I need to accept myself and really not care what others may say to me. I am so worried about being rejected that I close myself off to most people. As for the figure, well I have accepted that high school body is gone. Two kids later and there is no way I can reach that number again, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for a lot of improvement. So, my hope is that I can work on these outlooks and really start to enjoy my life and who I am by combining the wisdom of aging (yes I am aging) with the enthusiasm and hope of youth.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Very wonderful sentiments! I think we should all remember the good changes instead of the bad. Thanks for the positive outlook to start my day!