Tuesday, October 5, 2010

On Saturday and Sunday our church had what we call General Conference. We have the opportunity to hear from our leaders on various topics. One talk that caught my attention was about gratitude. It discussed that it is easy to say thank you once or even feel grateful for a moments, but that we all need to be living with a feeling of gratitude in our hearts everyday. This talk touched me because I realized how ungrateful I have been. Rather then rejoicing that we have been able to make ends meet during this financial hardship, I have been grumpy over the stress and our credit card bills. Rather then being grateful for the opportunity to watch my children grow I have been longing for the days when I felt smart and appreciated. Rather then being grateful for my Savior I have been wondering why I have to have so many trials. Today I feel grateful to be me. I am not the best at anything, but I have so many great blessings in my life. I am blessed beyond measure with a wonderful family, a lovely home, a fabulous neighborhood and a deep faith. For that I am grateful.

No comments: