Thursday, October 28, 2010

Apples

I love apples. I love apples a lot. However, I might have too many apples. I bought a whole bushel of apples and I didn't realize how many apples came in a bushel. I have made 4 apple pies and I still have apples. We snack on them a lot and I still have apples. Therefore, I thought to myself, "OK crazy lady that bought way too many apples, now what are you going to do?" The answer that came to me was to dry them. So I started asking around for ideas to preserve the apples during the drying process. I came up with three pretty tasty ideas.

1). Honey apples
4 TB of honey
2 tsp lemon juice
Sprinkle with Cinnamon

2). Candy Apples
2 C of sugar
1 C of water
1 TB fruit fresh
* Boil together until sugar is dissolved

3). Natural Apples
Sprinkle with fruit fresh

After you peel and core the apple just coat them with whatever mixture you like and then dry until they are done. About a day. Don't burn them like I did. They don't taste as great. Each recipe is great and i really made all three. The good news is I have almost used up 1/2 a bushel. The bad news is that I I still have 1/2 bushel left. Oh well, 5 apples a day keeps other food away :)

No comments: