Monday, October 18, 2010

McKayla

5.4 years ago a little girl came into our lives and she was perfect. Well, a little gross looking, but all babies look gross those first couple of minutes. Still she was our to take home and care for. I must say that I am daily impressed with what a little lady blesses this home. She is so friendly and sweet. She cares for everyone and she amazes me the amount of love she can give to people and never expect any back. She is a wonderful girl. Today at 6:00 am I had to entrust my little girl over to a surgeon to remove a cyst that had grown on her eye lid. The doctors were sure that it wasn't harmful but it still needed to be removed. I started the timer on my watch the moment she left my sight. She was only away an hour, but it was a very long hour. She was grumpy when she woke up but I can't say that I blame her. She is sleeping now, after her bowl of honeycombs and a glass of strawberry milk. Yes, I tried to convince her of toast with apple juice but she said no! I told her that I would declare October 18th national Mckayla day because she was such a brave little trooper. Cheers to the doctor that helped her and the wonderful nursing staff that had the good taste to tell her what a beautiful girl she was and to ask about her pet unicorn.

No comments: