Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother Hood

I don't think I appreciated Mother's Day until I was a mother. Now I feel guilty. I wish that I could go back in time and make sure that at least once a year I tried to give my mom a break. I think everyone neglects their mother until they are much older. Adulthood can bring some maturity. So, today I am celebrating the toughest thing I have ever done. Raising my two kids is very difficult and very rewarding. There are challenges every step of the way. I think my kids teach me more than I teach them. I have learned, as a mother, you worry over everything. you worry about their behavior, will they have friends, will they be able to keep up academically, or they too loud, will they survive the crazy world? All of these things run in my mind constantly. I worry if I am teaching them what they need to know. I wonder how I can do better. I worry that I am not preparing them from the harsh realities of the world. I am grateful to my friends and family that are great examples of mothers. they teach and guide me every step of the way. To all those out there, HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY!

No comments: