Thursday, May 14, 2009

I'm Sorry Mom

McKayla is very good at apologizing. She will always say "I'm sorry Mom. I won't do it again". The other day she was in the kitchen with some chocolate milk. She was standing in the middle of the floor drinking it when she spilled some. I got her famous line of "I'm sorry..." I asked her to sit at the table to drink her milk. She sat down, but not at her booster chair. A few minutes later I head "Opps. Mom!" Yes, she spilled her milk again. Finally I encouraged her to sit in her booster seat and drink her milk. She reassured me "I'm sorry Mom. I won't do it a third time." Well, thank heavens for that. She really didn't mean to, but it was humorous that she was trying to guarantee against she thing she didn't mean to do. I related this to my life. If she would have just sat at the table in her chair the first time, then perhaps nothing would have been spilt. However, she kept putting herself in situations where accidents could happen. Do I do this? Do I want to do good things, but put my self in situations where accidents are more likely to happen? Do I promise not to do it again, but then i don't place myself in the the safest situation to ensure that it won't happen again? Just like McKayla, I don't mean to make mistakes and I truly am tired. Maybe I need to work on preventing accidents rather then just being sorry when they happen.

1 comment:

Perpetual Mommy Exhaustion said...

Even Captain Moroni knows, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure--thus the bulworks and spikes and what-have-you. Isn't this a lesson to be learned a whole life long? I know I am! However, I may just be a slow learner.