Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Horrible Rotten No Good Day

Ever had one of those days when you wonder if children are truly blessings? That was my day yesterday. Ariana is causing me to confirm that we were only suppose to have 2 children, sometimes I think that we should have stuck with 1. Yesterday we went outside and she pulled up 3 strawberry plants, threw sand out of the sandbox, and tried to eat a rock. Then I went to our borrowed garden spot to plant the seeds. I figured that they will be up in time to plant the rest of the garden. She would try to eat the potatoes and onions before I could get dirt over them. She also pulled up my markers telling me what I planted where. After that, we came home and I ran downstairs to fold a load of laundry. McKayla came downstairs to let me know that Ariana had broken my special dishes. She had managed to open my china closet and break 2 bowls and a plate. My family got me china when I got married almost 9 years ago. the chances of finding that pattern again are very slim. At that point I sat down and cried. Then I put the kids in the car and went over to haul rocks. I felt much better after hauling 7 buckets of rocks. Then I held family home evening with the kids and tried to relax. After getting McKayla to bed last night I tried to blog about my day. I was just about ready to post when Ariana shut the computer off. Today I am still upset, but I am trying to be a good mom. We are heading to Boise this weekend for a family celebration of birthdays and a friend graduating from BSU. I hope I can relax a little and recharge my batteries. I'm sure this will be funny in about 20 years, but right now I am wondering what I did wrong?

4 comments:

janis said...

Sorry, she looks so sweet and innocent and aren't you glad she is feeling better? Hope today is better.

Sarah Sharp said...

You did nothing wrong, just had a steep down turn on the roller coaster of motherhood. You'll be enjoying loopdeloops and hitting the top of the ride in just a little bit, I promise.

Marie said...

Well... I was laughing along with that "man I feel sorry for you because I've had days like that" kind of laugh..... UNTIL I got to the part about the china breaking. That does sound like a very bad day. I think in 20 years you WILL laugh about it though...... or 30.... or maybe when you get so old that you loose your memory, then it just won't bother you anymore! =)

Sherri Price said...

OH boy, sorry it was a rough day! Doesn't sound too fun at all. Seems like some of that should have happened over a long period of time not all in one day or maybe not at all.:)