Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Girls

I wanted boys, but I got girls. Now that I have them, I am so very grateful for them. they are the sweetest little things with just the right amount of spunk. However, I want you to take into consideration they are MY girls. I am the youngest in my family and the only girl. Therefore I did some boys things and to this day love certain non-feminine things. I played baseball with a hand-me-down glove. I love camping and I don't mind fishing, except I'm not a fan of eating the fish. I love working outside. I could stay outside all day. Now that McKayla is getting bigger she is wanting to try some new things. I signed her up for tee-ball this year. She really wanted to join the team because some of her friends are on it. We went to Wal-Mart and bought her a glove (yes, it's pink). We also bought a little tee-ball stand and bat so she could practice. I told Chad that he needed to go outside and play catch with McKayla so that she can learn to catch the ball. Also, I bought Chad a fishing pole and a fishing licence for his birthday. Now, he needs to take her fishing as well. I would have gotten a pole and licence, but someone has to keep Ariana out of the water. I think Chad is excited to do these small things with his family. Even though his time is limited right now, he is willing to do the things that his girls want to. Plus, when Chad's father gets back, they can go fishing together and do the male bonding thing. I laugh when I think that Chad needs to take his girls fishing and teach them how to catch. It seems like those things usually apply to boys. however, on the other hand, I am teaching McKayla how to landscape and garden. She loves playing in the dirt and can't wait to see things grow. I am grateful that I have such a wonderful family.

1 comment:

Perpetual Mommy Exhaustion said...

What does being a girl even mean, anyway? Doesn't it just mean you can do whatever you want and still look cute as a button? Then someday you will take care of others in any way you can. That's my kind of girl. You were always my kind of girl. :)