Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sorry I've Been Gone

Well, I think I'm back. I haven't written for over a week. Last Thursday night, the family drove to Boise. Chad had to take some classes, so the kids and I stayed and hung out with my brother Jayme. We went to a park and enjoyed the sunshine down there. On Saturday we took the kids fishing. It was windy and cold, but McKayla still talks about it. My brother got her a fishing pole for her birthday. It's name is "The Pink Lady". McKayla loves it. Now I need someone to take her fishing. Saturday night Ariana had a temperature of 103. We took her to the ER and they told us double ear infection. I was very surprised because she had her 1 year shots on Wednesday and there was no ear infection then. They gave us antibiotics and sent us on our way. On Tuesday she still had a very high fervor. I took her to our Dr. here and they said no ear infection. They drew her blood and she was dehydrated. The Dr., sent her to the hospital for a chest x-ray. Then we had to get an IV to battle the dehydration. It took them 5 tried to get the IV in. Then, we went back to the Dr and they put in a catheter to get a urine sample. 6 hours later we were back at home. On Wednesday they took her IV out and said that the cause of her fervor was a virus. Today she has less of a fervor, but is demanding to be held all of the time. I am tying to prepare for McKayla's birthday party on Saturday, but doing things one handed is really hard. I am grateful that McKayla has been so very understanding of her sister needing extra attention.

No comments: