Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ariana Turns 1

I know that some people wanted pictures posted earlier, but the computer and I were fighting. I'm not sure if we've made up yet, but I hope so. (I spend 5 hours trying to download some pictures to Sam's). Anyway, yesterday my little girl turned 1. I am still in awe that I have had her for a year. I am so grateful for this little girl. we opened presents when she woke up. I didn't really wrap anything because wrapping always frustrated McKayla. I should have known that Ariana would have been different. She had a wrapped gift from Grandma and Grandpa Porter, so she enjoyed that. They gave her a cute outfit, a book, a blanket for her babies, and a cute pink bear. My parents gave her a banana chair to watch tv on. Right now the girls have more fun playing on them than sitting on them. We gave her a new outfit and a swing for outside. At 12:00 we went to Blast Off and let the girls play. Ariana loves the balls. McKayla fell and hit her lip, and she was very sad because she thought that we had to go home because she was hurt. Then we had Aunt Sherri and cousins come over for cake and ice cream. I tried to do a flower/spring theme for her party. The cake was the flower basket and I used rice krisspie treats as the flowers and butterflies. I also used the flowers I made about a month ago in the decor. I think Ariana had a great birthday.

5 comments:

Sarah Sharp said...

What a cute girl! It looks like you all had a great time. I love your cake and decorations. You are so talented!

Tina said...

VERY cute! What a sweet little girl! The party decorations and cake look great!

janis said...

Thanks for sharing those great pictures. She is so cute and so tiny. Cute cake and decorations.

Sherri Price said...

The girls were glad they could come help celebrate. Cute cake!

Sami Jo said...

Happy Birthday Ariana! What a fun cake Krista - Good Job!