Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Funny Story

Last night was family night for us. Even though Chad cannot do it because of his busy schedule, I try to take the time every week to teach our girls about my faith. Last night I was trying to focus on the joy of reading scriptures. I was trying to explain how the scriptures tells stories and have the word of God in them for us to learn from. My oldest said she loved the scriptures because if she learned them, then she got money for the jar. I was a bit confused until I remembered that at church our primary children are memorizing scriptures. For every scripture they learn they get to have a penny to drop into a jar for "pennies by the inch". McKayla is trying to learn her scriptures, but I didn't think she really understood what was going on until last night. I am grateful for this amazing girl.

1 comment:

Sarah Sharp said...

Yeah, we have the same problem with Brandon. He wants to memorize the Articles of Faith because he gets a treat for each one in Primary.