Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My Defence

To answer Sherri's question, we decided to do something special this year since we were not going to put up all of our trees and get out our breakable Christmas decor. We got a permit from the chamber of commence and we went with some friends to cut down a little tree. So, for the first and only time, we have a real tree in the house. we put a few decorations up and no lights. it's not as pretty as out normal lights, but we thought it was the best idea.

Now for my defence...I am so paranoid that my kid will become THOSE kids. You know the ones I am talking about. The really obnoxious kids that no one likes to be around. They are very busy and active. They are fun and can get into mischief, but they aren't brats. They do not tantrum in stores when they want something. They ask, but when they are told no they are pretty good. i worry so much that they will become so naughty. I want to have well grounded kids that understand things and are a joy to be around. I realize that I ma be a little harsh. So, I told McKayla that I was sorry for being mean and I took her out for chocolate ice cream. I also found some great stocking stuffers that both kids will like. I am forgiven?

3 comments:

Sherri Price said...

Bet the tree smells really good! We've never had a real one either. Sounds like McKayla is just fine. Blame Elhyme not me. :)

Sarah Sharp said...

Don't ever feel like you have to defend. My siblings were all home and unmarried when we had Nadia, and I cannot tell you how many times I was told I was doing it all wrong. Guess who gets all the compliments and requests for advice now that they have their own kids!
Here is the other thing to remember: you are not perfect. Your children are not perfect. You are constantly learning and growing, just like they are, and there will be some tears and hurt feelings occasionally. Just like there will be lots of laughs and hugs mostly.
Okay, I will slowly roll myself off of the soapbox now.

Brooke said...

I wish I had taught K the true meaning of Christmas when she was younger. It is hard to break a habit and tradition of greediness and selfishness. I think you were right to plant the seed now.