Wednesday, December 30, 2009

December 24

This is the day that threw me off my cooking schedule. We woke up and had some fun in the morning. I was able to cook breakfast and we kind of lounged and visited for a bit. Then my sister-in-law and her family came over. The power went out at this point. So, we played some games and the cousins exchanged gifts. Then we went downstairs to roast marsh mellows in the dark and read Christmas stories and play another game. It was a lot of fun. The power came back on and then they left so that both families could prepare for another Christmas party. I remembered as soon as they left that we needed to do the Christmas story. I couldn't believe I had forgotten. We did read it later on that night to the girls.
Then we went over to our neighbors house. Santa came to visit and he brought toys for all of the kids. It was a lot of fun. Ariana wasn't too sure about the whole thing, but McKayla loved it. We were able to visit with friends and neighbors for a bit. Then we headed back over to our house. I need to put a late dinner together because my brother and his wife were coming up from SLC late that night and they would need some food. I made baked ziti and it was a hit. Yum.
We all went to bed much later than we should have, but it was so much fun! This is why I didn't bake my pie ahead of time. I also didn't make the appatizers a head of time. In fact, I simple didn't make half the menu for lack of oven space and time the next day. So, the feast wasen't glorious, but we had fun.

1 comment:

Sherri Price said...

Glad we could get together!