Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Main Event

My girls don't get up until 8. I know, I am blessed. So, we slowly rumbled out of bed on Christmas day. Thankfully the kids were patient while the adults tried to open their eyes. Of course staying up most of the night playing games and talking may have something to do with us being still asleep. The girls were so spoiled that got so many wonderful gifts. They would open a gift and want to play with it rather than moving on to the next gift. We had to put some gifts together, which took up most of the afternoon. McKayla said she got everything she wanted. Ariana just look overwhelmed by everything. We are so blessed to have loving family that spoil our kids. Even family that couldn't be here sent us money to buy special gifts for the kids. After we open gifts I tried to work on dinner. i was grouchy because I didn't get enough sleep and the food was not magically working for me. i normally can be a good cook, but it just wasn't happening. After was had something resembling Christmas dinner, we all took a nap. After the nap, I think I was a nicer person. I'm surprised someone didn't smack me with a piece of coal and tell me to straighten up. I love my family. We still stayed up late on the the 25th playing games and talking. We like games.

On Saturday My sister-in-law and husband cleaned the kitchen for me. I cooked breakfast and then my siblings left for Boise. It was so good to visit with them. They love playing with the kids and there are always a few laughs. My parents stayed until Monday. My kids loved having them stay. It has been hard for the kids to come down off a week of being fawned over and spoiled, but they are adjusting.

No comments: