Monday, August 10, 2009

Bead Dealing

My friends Stacy and Karen have become obsessed with bead jewelry. I admit that it's cute, but they are obsessed. Last night I went over to Stacy's house and they were at it again. So, I made a bead watch. I'm now hooked. Mine isn't as great as theirs, but I like it. Now I want to make more, and I am thinking what easy Christmas presents they make. I told Chad about it and he encouraged me to get some stuff. I gave him a funny look and asked him if he knew what that meant. I think his idea was a couple of bags of beads and that was it. Oh no, you need to buy at least 20 different styles so there is variety, plus watch faces, and the string, glue,... well you get the point. Had Chad seen the stuff my friends had, he would have never made the suggestion. So, do I add more crafty junk to my growing pile or resist temptation?

Yes, the picture is upside down and there are little hands in it. So difficult to photo a masterpiece with little ones.

3 comments:

Sherri Price said...

cute! The girls really want to make one too. Figure out how to make them cheap and we are in.

Sami Jo said...

what a fun hobby! and great idea on Christmas presents... I ran into a blog yesterday that was talking about this gal and her jewelry making... thought you might enjoy - http://www.karensugarmandesigns.com

Tina said...

Beading can definitely be KILLER in the money dept. I have wanted to get into it myself but keep resisting, knowing that I would break the bank if I did! lol My MIL has a great collection of beads and lets me play at her house... I LOVE IT! One thing she does is go to thrift stores and buy necklaces that she cuts apart and uses for her own stuff!