Thursday, August 6, 2009

Canning

So I told you that we had a lot of produce. I took a large bag to my family in Boise, and then I went and picked some more yesterday. We will eat it, but when? So, I decided to get out my trusty pressure cooker last night. I canned 4 pints of beans, 3 pints of carrots, and 1 quart of tomatoes. These will be delicious in a hearty winter stew. Yum!

I started with fresh, dirty veggies from my garden, and then I put them in the sink.


Then I washed and sorted all of my veggies.


Then I canned them. I can use them as they are or in stews. I am very excited.

4 comments:

Sarah Sharp said...

Those look so GOOD! You need to go over to the kitchen blog and explsin hoe you used your pressure cooker for canning. I want to know!

Brian and Jodi Brown said...

Good Job! I have been making apricot jam for the last 2 days!

I love canning!

Sami Jo said...

Nice work Suzie... as in Suzie Homemaker :)

Sherri Price said...

Wow looks great! I'm not much of a canner, but I heard those all need different amounts of time in the canner. Did you do them all together or seperate? I'm a worry wart and just worry about botulism. Other than that, we surely don't have that kind of produce yet our peas finally came on.