Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Kids

Kids say and do the funnest things. Somethings I am not in the mood to hear or witness these things, but I have been trying to lighten up lately. I wanted to record a few thing that my kids have done lately.
On Sunday we had some friends over for homemade bread and jam. McKayla loves to play with this family's little boy who is a year older than she is. She dressed up in a princess outfit and they played. After he left she said, "He didn't say I was beautiful." I had to clarify, but what she said was spot on. She was sad that the little boy didn't notice she'd dressed up. I told that boys don't really notice those things. She asked why and I redirected her to her father. He simply said that "boys are dumb."

Last night we were have family home evening. We were talking about the importance of family prayer and why we pray. McKayla noted that Jesus had super powers. She said that He can make faces and all sorts of things. We are not sure where this came from, but we did tell her that He had the power to create things. She wants His super power. I had to tell her that Jesus was very special and only He has His superpower.

Last, I was taking a bath this morning, after my workout. I felt especially tired so I thought that I needed a bath. Next thing I know Ariana had climbed in the bath tub with me. She left her cloths on. I had to get the camera and take a picture. She was happy as could be simply swimming in her jammies.

I love my girls and I am so greatful for them and their sweet spirits.

6 comments:

Sami Jo said...

So funny Krista! I love watching and listening to kids - I could do it for hours... so naive and precious. Loved the pic of your little one in the bath tub... it was obvious she knew she was being silly :)

Sarah Sharp said...

The funny things they say and do sure can make your day. And just think...you get to be there to hear and see it all! :)

Anonymous said...

So you have to brainwash your kids too. Make them into stupid little Jesus freaks like you. Philip Garrido was a Jesus freak. Religious fanatics are pitiful people. You have a brain. Use it, instead of believing that invisible people exist and have powers.

Krista said...

I was running back through my blog and noticed a comment on my "My Kids" post. First of all, you know nothing about how I raise my children. Second, I have a testimony of Jesus Christ. I know that He came to this earth. I know He died for me and atoned for my sins and my pain. I know that He rose triumphant from the grave and conquered death. I know that My family will be together forever. I also know that the teaching of Jesus are to be good and kind. What is so wrong about that? I have felt Christ's power in my life. I feel it as strongly as I feel the current in a stream and the wind in the air. I may not see Him, but I can't deny His love and existance. I feel sorry that you are so bias that you cannot leave people to believe what they wish without writing mean comments. Obviously you are a coward because you wouldn't put your name to the comment. At least I am proud of my religion and what I teaching my children. Your comment was not intelligent or even a good argument. It was mean and spiteful. Please feel free to read my blog, but be strong enough to leave your name and honestly, think about what you are saying. Reading my blog is your choice, I don't force it on people. If you don't like what I write, don't read it and don't comment.

Tina said...

Krista The anonymous one is a gutless one that does not know you at all. YOU are a wonderful mother and I'm so proud of you and you keep doing what you’re doing.
Love you girl
Tina
Don't let this sum get you down!!

Morgan said...

whoever posted that little rant didn't make much sense anyways. Sad thing is I think the anonymous posters are someone you usually know. I had one on my blog and I locked it down, their tirade was a lot more, um, explicit though. But it made me feel like crap for weeks, even though I think I know who it is. When people can be anonymous they tend to become jerks.