Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Sleep Deprivation and Faith

Have you ever had one of those night you couldn't sleep? Chad said it was because I was excited for my job interview. I said it was because I was excited, scared, worried, nervous, and happy about the job interview. As I lay there thoughts started racing. I'm talking race car track racing. Going as fast as they could around my head in a circle for large amounts of time using lots of energy and time, yet not really going anywhere. I thought about the interview itself. What if I do bad or if I don't know the answers? What if they look at me and figure the little marshmallow puff can't help with behavior modification? What if they offered me the job, what would the hours be? Will it interfere with play group or scrap booking or my church calling? How many hours will I work? What if I let my job consume me and my family gets neglected? What if I wake up one day and I have helped all of these other children yet mine are gone and didn't teach them? How can I teach other people's children when mine are such cute little stinkers? What if I can't find some one to entrust my sweet girls to? I have already made some bad daycare mistakes with them before, what if it happens again? See what I mean? These are just a few of the major ones. I did have the typical what do I wear fear too! Then I prayed and calmed myself down. What will be will be. Staying up until 3 am will not help me. I need to allow myself to let go and remain objective. I need to rely on my family and my faith to help me make the best decision for us. I need to be still!

No comments: