Thursday, December 30, 2010

Busy

I have been so busy this past week. I started working last Wednesday and I worked both Wednesday and Thursday. Then I spent Friday getting the house ready and cooking up a storm for Saturday. We also had a great time at our Christmas Eve party with my in-laws. Saturday was a whirl of gifts and wrapping paper. I wonder how many batteries get purchased in December. We were too spoiled. Then my Sunday is always a busy day with church and family gatherings. Then on Monday my mother had an extensive surgery on her neck and back that lasted most of the day. I was at the hospital from 11 until 8 that evening. I worked Tuesday and Wednesday which brings us to this fine wintry morning. I am grateful for the brake I have the next few days. I am grateful that my husband has been helping out so much with the kids and with the house. We both agreed that it is good for us to trade places once in awhile so as to appreciate one another. It is also nice to appreciate the tranquility of being home. I am listening to my angles play with their make believe food basket and tea party set. I am basking in the warmth of our fire and the joy of the day. Life is precious and great!

No comments: