Wednesday, January 13, 2010

O Remember, Remember

So, my church is putting together a re-enactment of a pioneer trek for the youth of our ward. I work with the 12-13 year old girls so that means that I get to go. I went to a meeting last night about it and I am so impressed. The focus is not on the physical trials, but rather to honor the spiritual strength of our ancestors. Every month until we go on the three day trek, we will be memorizing hymns and scriptures. We will also be reading articles about the pioneers and focusing on Jesus Christ as our Savior. I am so excited to go. I know it will be a great spiritual experience as well as a chance for growth in my testimony. The question is do I want to wear the dress? (It's optional). I am thinking not, but I may wear a bonnet just for the fun of it:)

1 comment:

janis said...

You'll probably handle it well.
I hope you got more sleep after posting. :)