Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I Wanted Boys

Though both of my pregnancies, I wanted boys. I grew up with 3 older brothers. Both my husband and I came from families with 3 boys and only 1 girl. I thought that would put the odds in my favor. Not that I had anything against girls, but I thought that little boys would be easier. I guess I just felt that I never really fit in with the girlishness of girls. I like pretty thing, but I can't put an outfit together to save my life. Really I am a fashion defect. For the most part I am so grateful that Heavenly Father gave me girls. They are so sweet. McKayla often tells me that she loves me and they both give lots of hugs and kisses. I would have missed out on sweet songs and playing dress up. I would have missed out on the declaration that they want to be like me. Plus, their outfits come together, so I don't have to have fashion sense. However, Ariana is at a stage where I remember the thing that I didn't want to deal with. Emotions! Lots of emotions. She wants to do everything big sister does, and cries when she can't. She wants to communicate things like everyone else and she can't, so she cries. She wants things her ways and when it doesn't happen she cries. McKayla went through a similar period of emotional outburst for awhile. This just is a preview to the emotional teen years. Yea.

2 comments:

Sarah Sharp said...

Oh, Krista, if you only knew. I have a boy that used to be able to out-drama any girl I've seen. He's calmed down as he's gotten older, but every once in a while, I see and hear the crying and screaming and repeat to myself, "please let hime outgrow it, please let him outgrow it"...

Perpetual Mommy Exhaustion said...

I have two boys, and I assure you, the freaking out is not unique to tiny girls. It's pretty much just a tiny person thing. Though once they are older I'm sure Raena will begin to corner the market on tears.