Friday, January 15, 2010

Dirt

Every January I start deep cleaning the house. Un-cluttering the piles, washing the walls, blinds, dusting and cleaning out closets and cupboards. I don't enjoy doing this, but I enjoy the result. It is nice to take a look at every room and note what needs to be fixed, touched up, or thrown out. However, I find that my house is way dirtier that I thought it was. I honestly thought I kept my house clean, but oh those little places that it hides. I haven't tackled the hardest rooms yet. I know one of the worst will be the family room because it is out office and Chad's homework station. I also have to go through filing cabinets and clean the computer area. Sigh. Oh well. the question is why do I do this in January after everyone comes to my house in December? They only get to see the end of the year clutter and dirt, never the sparkling new year clean. Reason:I am an outdoor person. i like to be outside as long as possible. Cleaning the house from top to bottom during the January and February help me not go crazy, well more crazy I should say. So here is to tackling the bathroom and scrubbing the tile on my hands and knees.

2 comments:

Sherri Price said...

I want to do all that cleaning too, just gets too overwhelming.

Sarah Sharp said...

If you finish before the weather warms up, you are more than welcome to come over here and clean as well. ;)