Sunday, November 7, 2010

Mothers

Today I am writing this post while half of my family is at church. Ariana woke up to day and decided to throw up everywhere. What I mean is that she won't stay in one place where I can put a towel and a bowl nearby. She has to be racing up and down the stairs and then pause to throw up. She has to be dancing in our bedroom and then pause to throw up. See what I mean by everywhere. So I am at home trying to convince her to sit still for awhile and not throw up. Mothers can't choose when to be a mom. They have to stay with sick kids and love them. I grateful for my husband because he did most of the cleaning...okay all of the cleaning of the throw up this morning. He offered to stay home while I went to church because he knows how much I love going, but he teaches the 6 year olds at church, so he needed to go. I get the task of convincing her to stay still for a few minutes. All mothers do this and all mothers sometimes wish it were not so, but it is a great blessing to be a mother. I am grateful for my children and the opportunities that they bring to me.

1 comment:

Sarah Sharp said...

You are so right! It is amazing to be a mom, even on the "bad" days. What a great job we have!