Saturday, November 13, 2010

Family Tradition

We have started a new family tradition and I must say I love it! I am plagued by picky eaters. No matter what I cook I hear complaints. Sometimes it kind of gets frustrating. I certainly don't need to eat all that food but my kids won't eat it. So, after I read about a dear friend who had "make your pizza night" at her house I wondered if my kids would eat it if they made it. We started with pizza and then we did pasta. With the pasta we cooked hamburger separate so the kids could add hamburger, sauce, cheese, or olives. So, we have officially decided that every Friday night shall be make your own night. On Fridays I will try to think of something to cook that has layers to it that the kids can add. Next Friday we will be doing nachos. I really have enjoyed doing this with the kids. I haven't completely sold McKayla on the idea of eating yet. She has informed me that she loved build your own dinner night, but the best part is the making of the dinner, not eating it. What a nut. But, she is my nut.

1 comment:

Tina said...

HAHA. McKayla's logic is hilarious!