Thursday, November 18, 2010

Life Is Messy

You know that saying "when life hands you lemons make lemonade"? Well as anyone who cooks in a kitchen knows, the putting together of two items has the insane talent to turn a perfectly clean kitchen upside down and inside out. That is more of what life really is. It is messy, complicated, and sometimes downright stinky in so many ways. For example, I decided that we are tightening our belts around here, so Ariana could start to go potty in the toilet and get out of diapers. Diapers are expensive and I had plans for those $30. We started yesterday. It didn't go well. I did buy the pull ups that are so stinking expensive, but she still only went in the potty four times. I figured it was a good baseline and each day we could hope to increase it. However, by the end of yesterday I was exhausted. Taking a two year old to the bathroom every 15 minutes and displaying extreme optimism and hope takes it out of you. However, all potty training has been put on hold due to the apple juice having a bad effect on her digestive system. Another example would be Mckayla. Looking back it all makes since, but I never noticed until today. Today she couldn't find her Strawberry Shortcake shoes. So, I told her to put on sock and go look downstairs. I went to her drawer to get her socks for her to help out and I made a startling discovery. All of her socks were unfolded and in the drawer. I asked her why and she said that when she is cleaning up her room she puts her socks back because they are not that dirty. I couldn't believe my ears. Then I remembered that I really didn't have too many pairs of socks for McKayla when I did laundry. She has been putting them away. We had a quick discussion about sock and stinky feet. Sigh. My last example is money. It is the bane of my existence. I swear there is never enough no matter how hard I try to budget everything out. I am always stressing about paying everything and how to make every penny stretch. I have heard the comment that I should get a job. I can work and I have worked. I have a bachelors degree in education and I have many certifications, however I feel like I need to be home with my kids. I feel like it is my duty to be with them and teach them. When they start school I will get my masters degree and enter the work force, but for now I am a mom. Trust me, it is a tough job. This is where my faith comes in. I stop looking at my messes and my troubles and start to count my blessings. I am so blessed and I have been given so much. It is tough but I wouldn't trade my life for anything. I am where I am suppose to be doing what I am suppose to be doing. I have faith that it will all work out. the most important thing is to keep my family intact and a smile on my lips.

2 comments:

Chad said...

This is Krista's ever-loving and adoring husband, Chad.

Krista you are an amazing woman and I love you very much! We are doing what is right and together we can make it. I love how you are a mom to our daughters. You do such a great job! I also love reading your blog and hearing the funny stories that you tell so well (even if I've heard them from your lips, you write well and make the humor come out).

I LOVE YOU!!!!

Sarah Sharp said...

Well, at least it wasn't dirty undies or food in the drawer.
Now to echo your husband's post: you are amazing! It would be so easy to go back to work and make extra money, but it would take so much away from the children!
I love reading your blogs, too. You always make me smile and also make me think deeper than I normally would with a house full of munchkins. Thank you!