Sunday, May 23, 2010

TV, Weather and Depression

What on earth is my title talking about? Well really it's just the randomness of thoughts going through my head. I realized last night that I am suffering from an acute bout of depression. I realized this when I managed to watch the entire first season of "Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman". Yep, i borrowed it from the library and instead of being a productive human I stayed in bed and allowed the girls to have the run of the house. I was a bit surprised that I finally realized that I was depressed because spring is a great season for me. I love seeing the world wake from the long sleep of winter. Then, I remembered that it snowed yesterday, the garden is still not in and my grass is 6 inches high. Oh yea, my spring hasn't quite sprung yet. However, my weeds are doing nice, thank you for asking! As watched Dr. Quinn I realized that they don't make cheesy family series like they used to. Maybe that is why I am drawn to teh BBC. I have found some great shows on there. Really I love Britsh humor and they have the cutest saying. Some time in a conversation I really want to say cheer-o, chap, boy-o, or snap. They make me smile. I am opposed to having cable because i know that I would sit in front of the tv all day, so instead I have net flicks which allows me to sit in front of the computer all day, which must be better, right? I like to watch random stuff as Chad does his homework. I have discovered some important things about myself, first of all, I like tv shows that have smart people in them. I love the series Bones because the leading lady is really smart. Someday I want to sound as smart as she is. Next, I am a romantic sap. this newes distresses me because I thought I had become a logic girl, but alas, I was bugged when the series drags out the involvement of the two main characters. Honestly, if two characters like each other and are best friends for 5 years (5 seasons) then they should just get together. i think the series could be just as strong with them as a couple. Geesh, who likes someone for 5 years and never expresses it accept through puppy dog eyes. Last, I can easily get sucked into a tv show and become obsessed. Chad says I do this with most things. If I fins a book series I like i tend to read all of it within a week. Another strike against tv. I now have to wait until September to see what happens. Sigh, I don't like movies because the story line is too short and i get angry with tv series because they take too long and I'm not a patent person. Instead of tv I should go outside, oh wait, its snowing that's why I'm in front of the tv crying because Sully finally kissed Dr. Mike on her birthday. Oh spring, so come soon before I completly lose my mind. I think it's time to close the dark and odd place that is my mind and prepare for the week.

No comments: