Thursday, May 20, 2010

Crazy Weather

I have been a bit out of sorts lately. I am an outside type person. I adore gardening and camping. I enjoy reading a book outside and soaking up the vitamin D. I have been blessed with skin that rarely sun burns, so there is no reason to be inside. Yet, for many months that is where I have been. I normally have a garden planted by mother's day, but this year is testing my patients. I have the ground tilled, but little else in the garden spot. I need to trim back the raspberries, and plant, but alas it is not so. The weather was nice last weekend, but we were out of town, so we didn't plant. I guess in some ways we are blessed because the weather channel says it will still be freezing hard at night this weekend. I also hate when I plant a garden only to have it freeze to death (literally). So, I am waiting. I am waiting for my spring to come, to plant a garden and play in the dirt. I hike, camp, and fish while enjoying the sunshine. I need it to be sunny to lift the clouds that hang over my heart. If it is going to be gloomy and stormy then the least it could do is have an awesome thunder and lighting show to make me feel better, but again, nothing but grey drizzle.

1 comment:

janis said...

That is just what it is like here today, gloomy and gray. Sorry.