Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Real Love

I remember when Chad and I were dating I had googly eye expectations. The silly romantic notion that we would be able to spend more time together and life would be perfect. Well, as you know, that's not exactly how it worked out. I have learned to appreciate the little things. One of my favorite things is called "daddy diverson". I never relized that once I became a mother I would never be able to take a bath or go to the bathroom by myself. It gets old after awhile. So once in a while I will tell my girls, "Hey your dad has a surprise for you!' And off they run to dad while I go into the bathroom and lock the door for a long buble bath without little kids. It's quite nice. Chad takes it all in stride and will put a movie on for teh girls or play a game for them. See, that's real love. It's not about spending time with one anther, it's about surviving this thing called life and helping eachother out.

No comments: