Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ideas

I always have great ideas, plans, or thoughts. Really, they seem so easy and great in my head. I have learned that nothing is as easy, cheap, or simple as my visions make them to be. For example the year of the bed swap. That would be this year. Ages ago my in-laws gave us a head board and foot board that they had and for some odd reason the mattress we had for it was too long by about 1.5 inches. It took us until this spring to finally fix that problem. We had to do because we were using the daybed that I had growing up as our guest bed. So, I decided that I would finally get someone to weld 1.5 inches to the metal bars on the bed to make it longer. Then I put that head board in our room. I didn't paint it or change it because I haven't figured out what I want our room to look like yet. Then I moved our frame downstairs to the guest room. Our guest are probable ecstatic to not have to sleep on the day bed and trundle. Then I spent about 30 hours (seriously) sanding and paint the daybed white and I was able to put it in McKayla's room. then I took her toddler bed and I put it in Ariana's room. Last, i took Ariana's crib out and put in it a trailer full of baby stuff that I need to take out to my parents house. This all seemed like an easy idea in my head, but now that I ma finally finished, I am exhausted. I am finished with grand ideas for while. I checked out four books from the library last Wednesday and I have only completed one, which tells you how much time and effort this all took. I am ready for a little relaxation. I want to lay down in my swing outside and read under it's shade. Too bad rain is in the forecast for the next week. Sigh, soon my books and I will have a serious date outside.

2 comments:

Sarah Sharp said...

We did the same thing when Nadia got her "big girl" bed. Only I forgot to put a drop cloth underneath the stupid thing when it was finally time to paint and didn't realize my problem until I had half the frame painted.
Oh well. You did such a good job on Makayla's! How are they adjusting to the switch?

Tina said...

OIY! I hate those 'simple' ideas!! I get them ALL THE TIME! Somehow they always take so much time, money, and effort! I feel your pain girl!