Thursday, June 10, 2010

Christmas Project

Okay, before you think I'm nuts, hear me out. One of the things I treasure about my father is his story telling ability. I remember spending long hours with him while he would tell me stories about growing up or "Lazy Grey Dog" stories. He now tells McKayla the Lazy Grey Dog stories and she loves them as much as I do. I pondered this and thought that my dad should write down some stories for posterity. He hasn't quite got around to it yet, so I decide that would be my new project. I have a little tape recorder that I used during my research paper in college. I pulled it out and so far he has told me 5 stories. i have been able to type out three, but every time I see him, I am going to try to get him to tell me a couple of stories. I also am going to print out a four generation genogram of our family. The end goal is to put all of this information in binders and present it to the family at Christmas. I hope to add to it every year and so that the stories are not forgotten. We will see how it goes, but as of right now, it seems like a good idea.

1 comment:

janis said...

Sounds like a great project, way to go! The girls will treasure the stories.