Friday, June 11, 2010

Bountiful Basket

So, I heard about this niffty thing that is done locally. First, I don't really like veggies. In fact, I am terrible about eating them. I want to eat more fresh produce, but I find it a challenge to be adventursome to try new things. Yesterday I heard about this thing that is done called bountiful baskets. It is a co-op type deal where every Monday you can log onto bountifulbasket.org and order your basket. You have to take something to transport your fresh prosuce home, but on Saturday you go and pick up your food. A conventional basket is $15, but you can always add to it. The produce is valued at around $50 if you went to the store to buy it so it's a great deal. Plus, you never know what you are going to get, so you have to be creative. I can't wait to try it out next week. I should amend that these are done all over. You can go to teh web site and see if it's done in your area. You can also buy an all orgainic basket for $25. Come try this with me, it could be fun!

2 comments:

Sarah Sharp said...

I've been curious about what it is, and I'd definitely try it out with you! :)

Amy said...

I LOVE Bountiful Baskets! We have done them and LOVE the produce and fruit! It is well worth the money.