Monday, June 15, 2009

The Early Bird

I used to be an early riser. I fact I used to get up at 6:00am everyday. People informed me that this is great because kids never sleep in. however, my last little girl has changed this. McKayla will come in about 7 or 7:30 and want to snuggle for awhile. Then she will watch a movie until about 8:30. Then she will tell me she wants breakfast. Ariana will sleep for a long time. She normally goes to bed at 10:00 and sleeps until 9 or so. What a great excuse to simply lie in bed. However, I am finding that I don't get a lot done. So, today I decided to get up at 5:30 and try to get things done before my two beautiful girls needed me. McKayla has a t-ball game at 8:00, so that helps. I am finding I adore the piece and quiet of the early morning. I love the feeling of the world coming awake. I will probably not be feeling this peaceful at about 1:00pm today, but for now life is good.

3 comments:

Sami Jo said...

Wow 8 a.m. t-ball game? That is insane! I know I totally like getting up early but I tried doing it recently and I just get WAY too tired! So now I'm back to waking at 7:30 or 8 ish when Pauly wakes up :)

Tina said...

I would love to get up early. I too like the peace of the morning. But then again... I like lying in bed even more! lol

Marie said...

I love to be up early and see the sun rise!... however.... over the years, I've turned myself into a mega night owl and can never seem to break the habit!