Monday, June 13, 2011

Hot Olive and Artichoke Dip

So, I received 4 fresh artichokes in my Bountiful Basket on Saturday. I looked them over, patted them and put them on my counter while I pondered "Whaaaaat?" (Please say it in the way it is said on Despicable Me.) Anyway, I got on-line and looked up a couple of recipes. I didn't dislike them, but I didn't love them. In fact the dip was mostly thrown out because no one ate it at the Sunday dinner get together. However, my co-worked asked me to bring some to work and she liked it. So this recipe is for my awesome co-worker whom I esteem much and laugh with often.

Ingredients
1 can of artichoke hearts or 1 fresh artichoke that has been cooked a really long time.
10 whole black olives (or a whole can if you are like me)
8 ounces of cream cheese
1 cup of mayonnaise (stop thinking about the calories, it won't help)
1 whole egg
1/4 cup red onion diced (or whatever onion you have on hand)
1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (again add more if you are like me)
3 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse 5 to 8 times until mixture is combined but not totally liquefied. Stir and check seasonings, (I asked Chad to do it in case it was really nasty) then pour into a small casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

Enjoy!

No comments: