Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sick

I thought I had better write a post talking about my health since I have hinted at it here and there. I have been not feeling very well lately. I went to the doctor a month ago. I had many test run and that is when I found out that I was hyper glycemic. I still haven't been feeling great, but I was trying to listen to the diet doctor. Then on Wednesday morning about 2:00 am I woke up with a really bad stomach ache. It hurt and I didn't know what to do. I went to the bathroom and ended up passing out from the pain. After that, Chad took me to the emergency room. I was there from 3 am until about 8 am. They discharged me after running lots of test. They told me to come back in 24 hours to run 2 more tests. I went back and they did an ultra sound on my gall bladder. Nothing looked wrong there. Then they did another test that the put radio active dye into my blood stream and then watch the function of my gall bladder for 1.5 hours. It was discovered that my gall bladder is functioning at 7%. I guess I should be in constant pain, but really I just feel slightly uncomfortable. Anyway, I am scheduled to see a surgeon on Monday. From there we will schedule surgery to remove my gall bladder. By the time this is done, I won't be able to eat anything. I can't have sugary stuff and I need to be careful about my carb intake with my hyper glycemic. Now I can't have fatty foods because of my gall bladder. Oh well, I can make myself follow the rules and be healthy.

3 comments:

Tina said...

You always were a tough girl! So sorry to hear that you have to get surgery. On the bright side though, aren't you glad to live in a time where they CAN do something about the pain? I do hope all goes well!!!

Sarah Sharp said...

Gall bladders are of the devil!!!I had to have mine removed, and it really won't be that big of a pain (no pun intended) once you're all healed up. I personally think the worst is right before they remove it, because you can't eat anything without being miserable.
You can do it. I'm glad that they thought to look and can do something about it!

Amy said...

Good luck! Surgery is never fun but you will be glad once you are recovered and back to your normal self! Rob is diabetic, and I am close, so we know all about the low-carb no sugar diet. It is hard at first, but once you have your replacements it's easy and you will feel a lot better. There are a lot of really good sugar free chocolate out there too! Good luck, my thoughts and prayers are with you!