Sunday, July 26, 2009

It's Been Awhile

I know that I haven't written anything for awhile. I've posted a lot of pictures, but now I need to write. Summer seems to be flying by so very fast. At the begining of summer I think the possibilities are endless. I have so many plans for swimming, hiking, camping, fishing, and other fun things. But other things pop up. I need to do yard work, mow the lawn, trim the bushes, landscape, and other such projects. I love working in the yard. I really do. Yet, I feel like I allow other projects to interrupt my plans for fun. Now, here is the catch. Doing yard projects and working on improving my home and yard is a good thing. Yet, there must be balance. If I only do projects in the summer, I am teaching my kids that summer is when we work harder on the home than play with them. I have to pause and take the time to take my kids to a park, look at the rivers, and enjoy the beautiful work Heavenly Father has given us to enjoy. I need to learn to see the world through my children's eyes, and teach them at the same time. I must show them the importance of taking caring for my home and yard, yet show them the value of taking time to be together as family. It is a tough balance. One that I think all struggle with. I will always work on this. i think this is hitting me hard because in 1 month McKayla will be starting pre-school and dance class. Her life will continue to pull her farther and farther away from the home and family. I need to focus on pulling her closer to home. Does that make any sense?

No comments: